Sunday, January 1, 2012

And so it begins a new year

As midnight approached I saw something I never thought I would see: my son on the decks.....


 My son has a natural talent for music, electronic music that is. He asked to try to mix on the decks of a friend of DJ Dad. Who knew,  after 10 minutes he had it, not only had he understood what to do but he could do it well.  Did I mention he is only 10???? While I am soo proud of him, as is DJ Dad and the other 10 DJ's in the room, the $1,700 equipment cost is daunting......at least our resident DJ Dad will have equipment again. My living room will be a DJ rave cave very soon...sorry Miss M the tent has to go.

My girls were entertaining, fun, and lovable as always. Showcasing their abilities to wow a crowd, breakdance, surpass their parents knowledge of electronics, and sleep through a rockn' party.

The amount of energy, enthusiasm, and love for everyone is amazing and humbling. They will all do great things and be the most awesome people ever!

 DJ dad and I have quite the journey ahead of us. As tradition with our kids they will keep us guessing, looking over our shoulders, and laughing so hard we are in tears. Now, if I could figure out how to soundproof my house to keep our conservative neighbors from complaining about music.

No comments:

Post a Comment